B.A.T.M.A.N. vs OLSR
Showdown between B.A.T.M.A.N. and OLSR!
At the wireless community weekend in Graz we are testing B.A.T.M.A.N. and OLSR in a 20 node mesh in parallel.
The result of the tests are that comparisons are very hard to make . Axel is still finding out how to add approx. 20 more virtual nodes to the test mesh. The problem is that both olsrd-0.5.4rc1 and batman as well as batman experimental both use very little CPU in the small 20 node mesh. Something like 0.3%. So... not much to compare unfortunately.
Since I have to leave now we had the following idea how to continue...
1. We will search for test users. Around 50 should be the minimum
2. We will ask these people to install our ssh key
3. We will install batman experimental and olsrd-0.5.4 and collect routing data
4. We will evaluate this routing data and metrik data and therefore we will be able to compare better and make further improvements.
5. The test users will then remove the ssh key again